Black seed aka black cumin aka nigella sativa and honey – make a natural cure? Cancer is gone? How is this possible and what are these black seeds?
The Islam has a miracle cure seed.
Aisha RA said that she heard the Messenger (PBUH) say,
“This black seed is a cure for every disease except death.” (Bukhaari). The black seed reffered here is Nigella Sativa.
🙂 Only that death is not a disease and we are actually blessed that death exists. What matters is how we live till we get there! And we all want to live healthy!
Cancer is the disease of the century, everybody knows that. And its remedies are kept secret, we all know why. Yet, little by little all secrets are revealed, and soon enough people will know what to choose, right from the beginning. Their trust in nature will be complete.
“A story has become very popular these days. It’s the story of a woman in Yemen, suffering from stage 3 cancer, who chose natural treatment. She was advised to take black cumin seeds with honey three times a day, in addition to garlic and honey. After three months, her cancer completely disappeared. The woman continued consumption of these nutrient-rich foods even after illness had diminished.”
As a conclusion, this woman cured cancer with 2 natural mixtures. Black seeds with honey taken 3 times per day, and garlic with honey taken 3 times per day.
Why honey? A patient with cancer should not eat sugars!
Yes, it’s true. But honey is not only sugars, and we seem to forget that. Perhaps because we also forget that we call honey only the RAW HONEY.
Honey contains floral flavonoids with powerful influences when entered into the body’s cells. After ingestion, the flavonoids immediately increase the antioxidant levels within cells, “decrease capillary permeability and fragility. They scavenge oxidants and inhibit the destruction of collagen in the body”.
Recently, all major drug companies recognized the effectiveness of these floral flavonoids in removing free radicals from our body and improving our immunity functioning, and are now investing millions of dollars just to produce these substances artificially. (why do we need artificial ones, when they exist in nature?!?)
Honey has ANTIMUTAGENIC AND ANTITUMOR EFFECTS, as discovered by research lately. Honey consumption indirectly lowers overall cancer risks and improves the body’s ability to fight cancer.
For all the studies and research made by now, please read Is honey a natural treatment to cancer?, or find more about how honey treats the side-effects of chemotherapy in our body and what is the perfect honey to combat them.
Not only honey has anti-tumoral effects, and fights against cancer, but we are beginning to discover the effects of all the other products of the hive, like propolis, royal jelly, and bee venom in treating cancer. (Studies have been made on mice, and caffeic acid, honey and venom were applied to them prior to being injected with tumor cells in their lungs. The study concluded that the cancer growth was inhibited.)
What kind of black seeds are we referring to in treating cancer?
There are two plants called both: black seed, black cumin or black caraway, and both of them are used as spices.
It’s easy to differentiate them when you have them in your garden, but if you want to buy them, remember to search for the scientific name. Nigella Sativa. Which is also known as: kalonji, fennel flower, nutmeg flower, black caraway, and Roman coriander. Other names used, sometimes misleadingly, are black cumin, onion seed and black sesame.
Or it is sometimes referred to only as thymoquinone – the name of its main extract, currently considered the most important factor of it, responsible for all the possible good effects in humans.
On the other hand, Bunium bulboccastanum, similar to caraway in shape, it is also called black cumin, blackseed, black caraway, or great pignut, and has a smoky, earthy taste. It is a plant species in the family Apiaceae, related to cumin (Cuminum cyminum).
Dried Bunium bulbocastanum fruits are used as a culinary spice in northern India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Afghanistan, Tajikistan and Iran, and are almost unknown outside these countries.
What is Nigella Sativa?
Nigella sativa is an annual flowering plant in the family Ranunculaceae, native to south and southwest Asia. It grows to 20–30 cm (7.9–11.8 in) tall, with finely divided, linear (but not thread-like) leaves. The flowers are delicate, and usually coloured pale blue and white, with five to ten petals. The fruit is a large and inflated capsule composed of three to seven united follicles, each containing numerous seeds which are used as spice.
Seeds of Nigella sativa have a pungent bitter taste and smell. It is used primarily in confectionery and liquors. Peshawari naan is, as a rule, topped with kalonji seeds. Nigella is also used in Armenian string cheese, a braided string cheese called majdouleh or majdouli in the Middle East.
These black seeds contain over 100 chemical compounds and some of the ingredients are yet to be discovered and identified. The main active ingredients in Nigella Sativa are: thymoquinone, dithymquinone, thymohydroquinone, and thymol. It also contains proteins, monosaccharides in form of glucose, rhamnose, xylose, and arabinose.; fatty acids especially linoleic acid and oleic acid, carotene and minerals like: calcium, iron, copper, potassium, phosphorous.
The high content of phytosterols found in black cumin oil is also necessary to the human body for natural production of hormones, pro-vitamin D and bile acid, aiding in a prevention of endocrine disorders, immune deficiency and the cardiovascular disease.
The seed oil contains crystalline nigellone, beta sitosterol, thymoquinone, myristic acid, palmitic acid, stearic acid, palmitoleic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, arachidonic acid, proteins and vitamins B1, B2 and B3.
The seeds have a very low degree of toxicity.
antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antitumor, immunomodulatory, hypotensive,
anti-nociceptive, uricosuric, choleretic, antifertility, antidiabetic, antihistaminic.
Nigella Sativa – probably the best against cancer!
According to Mohammad Yaheya Mohammad Ismail in their article “Therapeutic Role of Prophetic Medicine Habbat El Baraka (Nigella sativa L.) – A Review”, published in World Applied Sciences Journal 7 (9): 1203-1208, 2009, and online on citeseerx.ist.psu.edu, Nigella Sativa has clear anticancer activity: “N. sativa decreases DNA damage and thereby prevents initiation of carcinogenesis in colonic tissue secondary to exposure to toxic agents such as azoxymethane . In fact, sustained delivery of TQ (derived from N. sativa) is almost as effective in causing apoptosis of colon cancer cells as sustained delivery of 5-fluorouracil . Similarly, hepatic metastasis from tumors such as mastocytomas is markedly decreased following administration of N. Sativa.” For all the detailed scietific explanation please see Further Reading, in the foot section.
There are over 462 studies made by now.
• The Cancer Research Laboratory of Hilton Head Island, South Carolina, USA, in 1997 stated that it had enormous success in tumor therapy without the negative side effects of common chemo-therapy. They found that it increased the growth rate of bone marrow cells by a staggering 250% and inhibited tumor growth by 50%. It stimulated immune cells and raised the interferon production which protects cells from the cell destroying effect of viruses.
The cancer research group concluded that when a person has a healthy immune system, cancer cells are destroyed before cancer can pose a risk to a person’s health. They concluded that black seed oil is an ideal candidate for use in cancer prevention and treatment, and that it has remarkable promises for clinical use.
• Pancreatic cancer is the fourth leading cause of cancer deaths in America, because the survival rate after five years of conventional cancer treatment is sadly only 4 percent. A study conducted at Kimmel Cancer Center, Traditional Herbal Medicine Kills Pancreatic Cancer Cells, at Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, revealed that Nigella sativa DESTROYED pancreatic cancer cells – with an incredible 80 % cancer tumor cell death!
• Colon cancer. The Study Cancer chemopreventive potential of volatile oil from black cumin seeds, Nigella sativa L., in a rat multi-organ carcinogenesis bioassay also showed the anti-tumoral properties of the seeds. “Post-initiation administration of 1000 or 4000 ppm N. sativavolatile oil in the diet of male Wistar rats for 30 weeks significantly reduced malignant and benign colon tumor sizes, incidences and multiplicities. The treatment also significantly decreased the incidences and multiplicities of tumors in the lungs and in different parts of the alimentary canal, particularly the esophagus and forestomach.”
• Breast cancer. Effect of Nigella sativa (N. sativa L.) and oxidative stress on the survival pattern of MCF-7 breast cancer cells. The results: “N. Sativa alone or in combination with oxidative stress were found to be effective in vitro in inactivating MCF-7 breast cancer cells, unveiling opportunities for promising results in the field of prevention and treatment of cancer.”
• After chemo and radiation. Dr Leonard is a pediatric oncologist that for 20 years researched many seeds to create a seed extract formula to help children rebuild their immune systems after chemo and radiation. His choice for the formula was Black Seed, Black Raspberry seed, and Grape Seed. Then they added Dribose and what we now have is a very powerful seed extract that is 281 times stronger than aspirin for pain and inflammation.
The folk has lots of stories, with patients following different protocols and treatments. A story tells us about a young boy who cured his brain tumor with 9 capsules of black seed oil. If only it would be that easy for everybody!
–——– Highly recommended book on understanding our diseases and treating ourselves ——
– 262 pages;
– last updated in April 2014;
– written by
– addresses to patients and health care professionals as well;
– explains everything, from how the immune system works, diet, viral or fungal infections to cancer, HIV and other 60 conditions;
– offers both approaches: conventional drugs and alternative therapies;
– discusses real cases, analyses, compares results;
– offers tips collected from the experiences of thousands of patients, like black seeds cannot work without Vitamin D supplementation. Or black seeds are more efficient in powder form than in oil form. (If you cannot take powder, a better source of black seeds oil has been located in Saudi Arabia. It is reported to have a dark oil and a more bitter taste than the oil coming from other countries.)
How should we take black seeds and honey?
First we should not forget that nothing works alone. If you live a life in hate and envy, eat junk food and don’t exercise, but eat black seeds, don’t expect to be cured anytime soon. The cure comes first from the inside of your spirit, then from your life-style. Make peace with yourself and the world, and then help your body with good natural medicine like the black seeds. In a good environment, the body has everything needed to heal itself.
We can find Nigella Sativa in two forms on the market: as raw seeds or as oil (encapsulated or bottled).
1 teaspoon of oil = 2.5 teaspoons of powdered seeds
It was part of the tradition to put some honey and ground whole black seeds in the palm of your right hand and lick it up with your tongue. In the days of Prophet Mohammad, he was taking them like that; there was no black seed oil back then.
The simple protocol:
Combine 1 teaspoon of oil with 1 teaspoon of raw honey (or freshly squeezed juice) and take them 3 times per day.
One with half an hour before breakfast, one in the afternoon and one just before bedtime.
You can replace the oil with the seeds, only that they need to be heated first (otherwise it will burn your stomach) and then ground. Put the seeds in a frying pan on a very low heat and stir them from time to time. When their flavor is gone take them off and ground them.
The complex protocol:
Because people are different and there is no cancer alike, the complex protocol is considered to be more reliable, and people tend to trust it more. Here is one example of such protocol: “The complete program consists of Nigella sativa, black seeds, olive leaf, luffah leaves (#1 choice for cancer treatment in the Middle East), empty capsules, 1 kilo of energizing honey and a free book on treating cancer holistically.”
There are many protocols of natural treatments that contain black seeds. Find the one that suits you best and then be consistent and have confidence.
Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) stated, “Hold on to the use of the black seed, for indeed it has a remedy for every disease except death.” “Hold on,” indicates that one should take the remedy daily and take it often and regularly.
Where can we buy black seeds from?
· LifeMel Honey – treats side effects of chemo and radiation
– “Nigella Sativa, Herb Garden, Huntington” by Pamla J. Eisenberg from USA – Nigella Sativa, Black Cumin, Herb Garden, Huntington LibraryUploaded by PDTillman. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons;
– “Nigella sativa” by k yamada from Yokohama, Japan – Nigella sativa. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons
– Norwood, A.A., M. Tucci and H. Benghuzzi, 2007. A comparison of 5-fluorouracil and natural chemotherapeutic agents, EGCG and thymoquinone, delivered by sustained drug delivery on colon cancer cells. Biomed Sci Instrum., 43: 272-277
– Ait Mbarek, L., H. Ait Mouse, N. Elabbadi, M. Bensalah, A. Gamouh, R. Aboufatima, A. Benharref, A. Chait, M. Kamal, A. Dalal, et al, 2007. Anti-tumor properties of blackseed (Nigella sativa L.) extracts. Braz J. Med. Biol. Res., 40: 839-847
– Iddamaldeniya, S.S., M.I. Thabrew, S.M. Wickramasinghe, N. Ratnatunge and M.G. Thammitiyagodage, 2006. A long-term investigation of the anti-hepatocarcinogenic potential of an indigenous medicine comprised of Nigella sativa, Hemidesmus indicus and Smilax glabra. J. Carcinog., 5: 11.
– Maxwell SR. Antioxidant vitamin supplements: update of their potential benefits and possible risks. Drug Saf 1999;21:253–66.
– Elsayed I Salim, Shoji Fukushima. Chemopreventive potential of volatile oil from black cumin (Nigella sativa L.) seeds against rat colon carcinogenesis. Nutr Cancer. 2003;45(2):195-202. PMID: 12881014