Do black seeds really cure HIV? Some case reports may help!
Case studies on HIV and BLACK SEEDS
Most of the cases presented here are collected from the page keephopealive.org. The site and the forum are run by Conrad LeBeau and offers an overview of concrete situations of patients with severe conditions and alternative vs conventional therapies.
Black seeds are reported to have been used with success in different conditions, yet with so many different results in so many different patients.
I have chosen here the most recent and relevant cases of HIV patients and the results obtained with black seeds.
Here are a few tips collected from all the cases:
• Black seeds powder (or capsules) is more efficient than oil.
• Black seeds MUST be combined with high supplements of Vitamin D3
• There are very few reports on patients going on black seeds alone. The alternative therapy includes other natural products and supplements. Beet root juice is one of them.
• Vitamin D3 is better assimilated when taken with meals.
• Until CD4 cell count is at least 300, Conrad LeBeau recommends taking black seeds (1 tsp of powder in water or fruit juice twice a day) and Vit D along with the prescribed HIV meds. After that the alternative therapy can go alone.
Coming also from Conrad LeBeau, here is a highly recommended book: Immune Restoration Handbook, the 3rd edition. It’s only $12 on kindle and $25 on paperback
You’ll find here info, written at the level of patient, on how our immune system functions, how it is affected by our condition and what it needs to be done. 262 pages of gathered info from real reported experience.
“For those diehards who won’t use any HIV meds, though your CD4 count is below 300, I (Conrad LeBeau) would suggest starting off with a higher dose of Black Seed powder from 6000 mg (6 grams) or even more. Five Swanson Black Seed caps 3 times a day would provide 6 grams as would 4 Amazing Herbs Black Seed caps 3 times a day. For the users of the powder – one level measuring teaspoon is about 2 grams. Doing the math – that would be one tsp with meals 3 times a day.”
• Mary from South Africa
She refused conventional treatment and started her own therapy with:
○ 3 tablespoon of honey and black seeds powder
○ Vitamin D3
○ 2 cap Selenium
○ 2 tablespoon of hemp seeds oil
○ rain water
She did her tests in November 2016, and after 4 months she said: “I could not be happier than I am now.”
Why? See her results:
Time: November 2016 March 2017
Viral load: 21,000 12,000
CD4 count: 721 689
Her doctor was shocked. Let’s hope her results will continue to improve and she’ll be able to live the most wonderful life!
• Billy from Los Angeles:
HIV lab results improve with a Do-It-Yourself Protocol
Oct 17, 2016 Los Angeles, CA
“In a phone interview this evening with Keep Hope Alive, a Caucasian male 37 y.o. discussed with us (KeepHopeAlive.org) a combination protocol he developed after researching this website and others. For purposes of this report, he asked me to call him Billy.
He was diagnosed with HIV late in June 2016.
After doing extensive research on the Internet, he put together the following 5-part protocol.
First his stats from about – June 21, 2016 CD4 count 677, HIV viral load measured by PCR 2.4 million, CD4/CD8 ratio 0.32.
His 5 part protocol was started around July 2nd 2016 and is as follows:
1. 1 tablespoon of whole black seeds (nigella sativa) mixed with about 1/2 a tablespoon of raw honey. He divided this into 2 servings and chewed half in the morning and the other half in the evening. (He did not use powder or tablets. He did not use black seed oil).
2. Vitamin D3 – one capsule containing 10,000 i.u. once a day.
3. Two Brazil Nuts for natural Selenium twice a day. (estimated total selenium at 400 mcg daily)
4. Olive Leaf extract – one capsule of 750 mg twice a day.
5. Jarrowdophilus – One capsule daily. Each capsule contains 25 billion active cultures and they included L Plantarum and L Rhamnosus. (Manufactured by Jarrow Formula)
Results: July 27 tests : CD4 counts 877 (an increase of 200 in 3 weeks) PCR Viral load for HIV – 41,000 (a decrease of 2,359,000) CD4/CD8 ratio – increased to .50 (from .32)
Results of lab test for September 28th: CD4 counts increased to 1009 PCR viral load for HIV decreased to 16,000 CD4/CD8 ratio increased to .66
Although his doctor tells him with each lab test that this is his floor and he needs to start on HIV drugs, he is sufficiently satisfied with the results thus far to continue with this protocol. He said that his diarrhea stopped a few days after he added the Jarrow Formulas probiotics. He says he will call me from time to time and report his results. He also get about 30 minutes each day of sunlight covering most of his body. His goal is to get a normal CD4/CD8 ratio (1.0 to 2.0 or higher) a number that is for the most part ignored by doctors and drug companies who don’t understand why it is reverses with HIV.
The antiviral part of his protocol is the Olive Leaf Extract containing oleuropean. All the other parts of his protocol are immune modulators. These include the whole black seed (nigella sativa), the vitamin D, the sunshine, Brazil nuts for selenium, and the probiotics L. Rhamnosus and L Plantarum. A study reported several years ago on this website found therapeutic value in using L Plantarum in children with HIV.”
• Cindy from lower Michigan.
A female who has been HIV+ since 1986 and has tried many many drugs as well as alternative therapies over the many years.
In Oct 2015, she used the HIV drugs Isentress and Epzicom plus the following supplements: Vitamin D 5000 i.u daily, Brazil nuts – 6 per day (food source of selenium), Black seed capsules 3 twice daily, Naltrexone – 3 mg before bedtime once daily.
Results – vitamin D levels in Oct were 53 ng/ml, PCR – non-detectable viral load. CD4 count 376.
From Oct to January, dosage of vitamin D was increased to 10000 i.u. daily.
In January 2016, new test results showed an increase in the CD4 count to 586, an increase of 210 from the October test. PCR for HIV remained undetectable.
• Jee – reported on forums.questioningaids.com, 2015
“I’d like to report that I have started taking nigella sativa aka kalonji (very widely available in my country of residence) for the last 5-6 days. While I’m not particularly obsessing with a seroreversion or any such thing, if I feel great, see color return to my face, that is good enough for me.
I’ve started with 2 tsp empty stomach in the morning and finish with 3 glasses of water. If I remember to, I take 1 tsp at night before going to bed.
This is raw seeds that I buy and grind into fine powder at home. Will be happy to report results of anyone is interested down the line.”
• Mary from Brooklyn.
Mary became infected in January 2015.
Testing found her CD4 counts had dropped to around 340 while the CD8 count rose to 809 – the result being a CD4/CD8 ratio of 0.42. The viral load for HIV was about 21000.
The immune system’s initial response to the HIV virus is to flip or invert the CD4/ CD8 ratio. A typical example of a normal CD4/CD8 ratio before HIV is a CD4 count of 800 and a CD8 count of 500. If you divide 800 by 500, you get 1.6 and that would be a normal CD4/CD8 ratio.
More attention needed to be paid to the CD4/CD8 ratio. The usual reference range for a person who was never exposed to the HIV virus is between 1.0 and 2.0. After HIV infection, you get the opposite – an example is a CD4 count of 400 and a CD8 count of 800. When you divide 400 by 800 it is 0.5 that is a typical ratio for someone who has active HIV infection. A CD4/CD8 ratio of less than 1.0 normally occurs when the immune system detects and responds to active HIV.
The return to a normal CD4/CD8 ratio is not only important in HIV/AIDS because it is so unusual, but because it also suggests the reversal of an inflammatory immune response. A quiet or non-excited immune response is thought to slow or stop HIV replication altogether.
Her doctor prescribed the drug Complera, a once a day complete HIV treatment regimen in one pill.
She also took black seeds powder (she used a coffee grinder to grind 4 teaspoons of whole black seeds into a powder, which she mixed with water and took this twice a day for one month, and then she reduced the dosage to two teaspoons twice a day.)
In addition she also blended 2 whole raw beets with a quart of water and made a smoothie. She drank ½ cup of the raw beet juice smoothie each day.
About 9 weeks later, she had new lab results and they were – CD4 counts 560. PCR viral load for HIV now undetectable. The CD8 dropped to 383 and the CD4/CD8 ratio returned to a normal reference range at 1.46.
In June after reading about the importance of vitamin D at Keep Hope Alive, she asked her doctor to test her for vitamin D levels. He did and they were low at 34 ng/ml. He then prescribed 50,000 i.u. of vitamin D which she has taken once a week since the middle of June.
On August 28, she had new lab results and they were – CD4 count 596. CD8 count was 310 and the CD4/CD8 ratio climbed to 1.92.
She went to CVS Pharmacy and paid $50 for the Oraquick HIV saliva test. It is reported to be 99% accurate. The results for HIV infection came back negative. Then, questioning those results, she went to a local hospital and had a blood test. There was an unexpected delay in the results getting back, and she was told the testing equipment had malfunctioned, and the test results were delayed 4 days. The results came back positive for HIV antibodies from this hospital blood test.
In the first week of September, Patient M called and told me what had happened. I told her that in more than 20 years, I never heard of anyone with HIV or AIDS having a normal CD4/CD8 ratio. I told her more testing needed to be done as two standard tests now contradicted each other. Her doctor told her the same thing and has now ordered a special PCR test to try to get to the bottom of her most unusual lab results. The test will seek to determine if she has or does not have any active HIV virions remaining in her body.
Her doctor said if the combination protocol she was on actually cleared the virus from her system, the HIV antibodies could still remain in her blood for up to one year. Her doctor also said that he has never heard of another case where the CD4/CD8 ratio in a person with HIV has returned to normal. We will follow this case closely as it develops.
In Sept 2015 Mary adds 10,000 i.u. of vitamin D to her daily regimen, by taking an over-the-counter vitamin D supplement. She indicated that she will gradually increase her serum vitamin D levels to a point that flushes out the remaining viral reservoirs in her system. The doses used in the other parts of her protocol (the Complera, the Black Seed powder, and beet juice) will remain the same.
Her latest labs in January 2016 is that the CD4/CD8 ratio has increased to 2.1 and her blood test for vitamin D has increased to the upper quadrant (75 to 100 ng.ml). The normal reference ranges for vitamin D are usually 30 to 100 ng/ml. Her latest vitamin D levels is now 88 ng/ml.
This is first time report of someone with this high a vitamin D level who also has a normal CD4/CD8 ratio and is non detectable.
All the following cases, as well as the continuation of these stories will be posted on the site keephopealive.org. Please visit it for more updates.
Everybody can Send KeepHopeAlive an email with comments or experiences.
Everyone can also ask to be placed on their email group list for special periodic mailings on this subject.
Conrad LeBeau’s Personal Vitamin D Update
My personal test results, after increasing my intake of Vitamin D3 to 10,000 i.u. .daily to 5000 i.u. for the past 6 weeks is that my blood serum level has increased from 31 to 47 ng/ml. I also tan indoors 20 minutes a day 3 times a week. The florescent tubes in the sun bed I use emit both UVA and UVB rays that parallel the sun’s radiation output. It is only the UVB rays that cause the production of vitamin D in the skin. It took six weeks (from around July 7th to August 20th) to accomplish this significant increase in serum levels of vitamin D.
The result of these tests have convinced me that I have been deficient in vitamin D all my life and that this has had significant adverse consequences for my immune system and health in multiple ways. Here are some of the benefits from increasing my intake of vitamin D that I have observed in the past 3 months.
1. 95% of the psoriasis I have had on my knees and elbows for the past 50 years is gone.
2. Periodic bouts of asthma have stopped.
3. Joint pain is gone. I no longer need to take Turmeric, Curcumin or Glucosamine Sulfate. A pain in my right foot that has periodically bothered me for the past five years has simply vanished.
4. Sleep interruptions have decreased from 3 times per night to just once per night and the quality of sleep has improved with the restoration of dreams, pleasant dreams at that.
5. Sinus infections have all but ended. (I still have to restrict my intake of milk and ice cream, but I tolerate cheese, yogurt and cooked milk much better than before vitamin D supplementation.)
6. Hay fever due to ragweed intolerance (a life long problem) has been barely noticeable this year.
Other supplements used:
Finally, here is a list of drugs and supplements used by Conrad’s readers since 1994 till 2015, to increase CD4 cell count.
1. Thymus tablets – dissolve one daily under the tongue. Standard Process Thymus PMG 90 Tablets
2. Zinc supplementation – 50 mg zinc once daily or eat a handful of pumpkin seeds.
3. Castor oil – one teaspoon daily by mouth or do castor oil packs over the liver once day
4. Sun tanning until you get a nice brown tan or take up to 5000 units daily of vitamin D3.
6. Iquilia – homeopathic remedy ordered from Austria. This low cost remedy increased CD4 counts rapidly but when used with HIV meds. Without HIV meds, it had little effect. To date, Iquilia has not yet been tested with the use of Black Seed powder.
7. Prednisone – 10 mg daily in the AM (prescribed anti-inflammatory)
8. Naltrexone – 3 to 4.5 mg once daily before bedtime.
9. Astragalus – chinese herb – take 1000 mg daily
10 Whey protein – 10 to 20 grams dissolved in fruit juice once a day. – increases glutathione levels
11. Plant based selenium – 4 Brazil nuts daily or take Phytosel – two tablets 200 mcg each twice a day (Total 800 mcg daily) or use a selenium product derived from yeast. (there are no live yeast in these products). Selenium derived from plants including yeast increase immunity to candida albicans and pathogenic fungal activity.
12. Black seed powder – 1 tsp in fruit juice twice day or 3 or 4 capsules twice day.
13. Solgar Brewer’s yeast powder (it is grown in blackstrap molasses) – a potent source of natural B vitamins, DNA and RNA, trace minerals, protein, and phyto-nutrients. This product does not contain live yeast and increases immunity to candida albicans and pathogenic fungal activity. Available on Amazon.com and Amazon.co.uk.
14. Raw garlic – 1 clove on rye bread or crackers three times day.
15. Coconut oil and/or eating cultured or pickled foods.
16. Probiotics – L. Plantarum and or L. Rhamnosus.
17. A High fiber raw food diet will get your stools to float on water (See the Immune Restoration Handbook section on diet). In one survey we done in the early 1990’s we found that when the stools float, the CD4 counts rise and when the stools sink, the CD4 counts would also drop.
18. Follow a hypoallergenic diet if possible. (common food allergens are pasteurized milk products like ice cream and milk, also eggs, soy, sugar and refined sweets, too much chocolate, gluten from wheat and white pasta and breads, GMO corn and soy. Search common food allergens at keephopealive.org.
Avoid toxic foods and common food sensitivities and too much sugar. Sugar, corn syrup and soda depress the white blood cells and immune response. Hard liquor also depress the immune response. Beer that is naturally brewed does not depress the immune response and is a source of B vitamins and beta glucan.
Walking and water. Don’t walk on water unless you are Jesus! But taking long slow walks while exposing your skin to the sun and drinking lots of clean water detoxifies the body and helps to rebuild the immune system.